IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is conducted jointly by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examination (Known popularly as the Cambridge ESOL), the British Council and IDP. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is divided into four sections. Also for overseas study, one must have to appear for the IELTS Exam.
IELTS Eligibility Criteria
Where is no official prerequisite for candidates appearing for IELTS exam, it would be added advantage if the candidates have cleared 10+2 from a recognized Board of education so that the candidate is familiar with the English Language for the purpose of taking an IELTS Exams?
- IELTS also is known as an English Proficiency test is widely used for the purpose of study, work, and immigration.
- If you wish to go outside and work, you should take the IELTS Academic test. Nowadays, most of the professional organizations require IELTS as the standard test.
- Major Universities and colleges in English Speaking countries like Australia, the United Sates of America, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, accept IELTS for study purposes.
- For migration / permanent resident of the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, etc.
- Over 9,38,000 people take this test across 230 countries.
- Abroad 5,000 Govt. Agencies, educational institutes accept IELTS.
IELTS Test Format
IELTS measures reading, writing, listening and speaking skills of the candidates in the English language. Listening and speaking modules are some for all candidates (Academic / General training module). But reading and writing module have a different pattern.
Academic Training Module
It assesses whether the candidates can study undergraduate or postgraduate courses in English medium,. The admission to academic programs of overseas institutions is based on the results of these modules.
General Training Module
This test does not test the full range of formal language skills needed in an academic environment, its emphasis on survival skills if a candidate in broader areas of social and educational scenarios. These scores are meant for students who want to immigrate to English speaking country completed their secondary education are undertaken nondegree training programs in English speaking countries.
IELTS Exam Duration
IELTS test is of 2 hours and 45 minutes which tests all modules reading, writing, speaking, listening skills with each section lasting from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
IELTS Exam Pattern
Listening, Reading, Writing modules have to be attempted in one day, but the Speaking modules can be taken three days before or after the other module or the discretion of the test center.
- IELTS is developed by education and language experts with a vast experience in teaching English, conducting exams and producing educational content.
- IELTS is accepted for many visa categories, also it is one of the best English language proficiency tests for immigration in academic education.
- IELTS is unbiased and neutral as it caters to all people of varied background, nationalities, genders of the people taking the IELTS exam.
- IELTS uses Australian, British and American accents, therefore, covering maximum English speaking countries with accents.
IELTS Results and Validity
IELTS result is declared 13 days after a student takes up the test. The minimum band requirements are 6 bands each. However, is preferable to score 7 or more bands.
IELTS Official Website